OpenVPN for Android
This short guide will walk you through on how to setup your OpenVPN Client in Android. For this guide, we'll be installing the ovpn profile in OpenVPN Connect which are available on all Android devices.
Installing OpenVPN Connect
- Install the app from here: OpenVPN Connect
Syncing OVPN Files
- Once installed, you can either sync your ovpn files to your Android or download it directly from your browser and extract it there. In the screenshots below, the files are downloaded and extracted directly to
Downloadsusing Google's Files App.
Running OpenVPN Connect
- Tap the OpenVPN Connect icon. The first time you launched it, allow it to send notifications and tap Agree to the Data Collection Policy.
- Tap the File Tab and accept File Access permission on your app
- Navigate to where you extracted your ovpn files. In this case, it'll be in
- Select the ovpn file displayed and click Import. Once the profile is successfully added, tap Add
- Once done, Just tap the switch beside the profile you just added to connect to the seedbox VPN. Then allow the app to do a VPN connection request to successfully connect.
- You can also confirm that you've successfully connected by visiting What Is My Ip Address. You'll see the server's IP address listed.