Installing NZBGet Post-processing Scripts
Post-processing scripts (pp-scripts) on NZBGet help in further processing your downloaded files after downloading and unpacking such as the following:
- Deleting unwanted files
- Renaming and sorting releases
- Unlocking password-protected archived files
In this guide, we'll be showing you how to setup and enable Post-processing scripts for NZBGet.
Creating NZBget Scripts Folder
- Login to your seedbox's SSH and run the following command to create the
scriptssubfolder inside nzbget's config folder:
mkdir -p "$HOME"/.apps/nzbget/scripts
- After that, just put any scripts that want on your newly created folder in
- The next section contains some of our recommended scripts.
- In this guide, we'll be installing
usbdocs@lw976:~$ wget -P "$HOME"/.apps/nzbget/scripts https://raw.githubusercontent.com/clinton-hall/GetScripts/master/flatten.py --2020-06-02 13:01:17-- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/clinton-hall/GetScripts/master/flatten.py Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)... 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, ... Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)|184.108.40.206|:443... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: 5075 (5.0K) [text/plain] Saving to: ‘/home25/usbdocs/.apps/nzbget/scripts/flatten.py’ flatten.py 100%[=================================================>] 4.96K --.-KB/s in 0s 2020-06-02 13:01:17 (54.3 MB/s) - ‘/home25/usbdocs/.apps/nzbget/scripts/flatten.py’ saved [5075/5075] usbdocs@lw976:~$
- Login to your NZBGet instance and go to Settings -> Extension Scripts.
- Then, on Extensions click Choose and check the extension scripts that you want
- If you have multiple scripts, you can also organize which scripts goes first.
- AFter you've set the scripts to your liking, click Apply. Scroll down and click Save all changes. Reload NZBGet after to properly load up your scripts.
Recommended Post-Processing Scripts
- This script removes subdirectories and put all downloaded files into the root download directory. You can specify a unique directory and append category sub directory if wanted.
wget -P "$HOME"/.apps/nzbget/scripts https://raw.githubusercontent.com/clinton-hall/GetScripts/master/flatten.py
- This script delete "-sample" files found alongside downloaded files.
wget -P "$HOME"/.apps/nzbget/scripts https://raw.githubusercontent.com/clinton-hall/GetScripts/master/DeleteSamples.py
- This script rename files with hashes from NZB's filename.
wget -P "$HOME"/.apps/nzbget/scripts https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Cloudbox/Cloudbox/master/roles/nzbget/files/HashRenamer.py
- This script attempts to extract password-protected archives using a list of possible passwords.
wget -P "$HOME"/.apps/nzbget/scripts https://raw.githubusercontent.com/clinton-hall/GetScripts/master/passwordList.py
- This extension script will reverse filenames first then rename to folder name on failure.
wget -P "$HOME"/.apps/nzbget/scripts https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Prinz23/nzbget-pp-reverse/master/reverse_name.py
- This script uses scene-standard naming conventions to match TV shows and movies and rename/move/sort/organize them as you like.
cd "$HOME"/.apps/nzbget/scripts git clone https://github.com/nzbget/VideoSort
For more information and other recommended post-processing scripts, you can visit NZBGet's Catalog of Post-processing scripts.