Kodi is a free media player that is designed to look great on your big screen TV but is just as home on a small screen.
Setting Up Kodi with USB and Google Drive
This guide will show you how to set up Kodi as your media center for your media. This will show you the following:
- Mounting your USB seedbox to Kodi as your Media source via FTP
- Setting Google Drive as a source
Take note that Kodi only does direct play. It does not transcode your media.
- You must download and install Kodi to your devices. Visit the Kodi Downloads Page to learn more.
- The setup below is done on a Windows PC using Kodi 18.7.
- You must set up an FTP/SSH password on your slot. You must also know the path to where your media is. Refer to this link to learn more.
- Mount your Google Drive to your slot. You can refer to this link to learn more.
Setting Up Kodi
- This part of the guide sets the seedbox as your media source via FTP. In this case, we'll be adding our movies folder.
- Highlight Movies and click on Enter Files Section.
- Click Add Videos. The Add video source appears. Click Browse.